What are dental implants?
Dental implants are the most advanced dental solution for people wanting to replace their missing tooth or teeth. They are made of biocompatible titanium. We insert the implant surgically so that it fuses with the jawbone. This process is called “osseointegration”. Like the roots of natural teeth, they provide a permanent anchor for replacement teeth, including crowns and bridges.
When are dental implants used?
Dental implants can offer an ideal solution for people who have lost one or more teeth. This may be the result of tooth decay or an injury. We recommend implants when they suit the needs and budget of the patient. Candidates for implants should be in good general and oral health and have adequate bone in the jaw to support the implant.
What are the benefits?
Implants provide a number of important cosmetic and functional benefits:
- They are a permanent solution, providing teeth that look, feel, and function like natural teeth.
- They do not slip, so there is no discomfort or embarrassment.
- You can clean implants along with natural teeth.
- Implants are strong enough to provide a reliable foundation for chewing.
- They prevent bone loss and maintain the jawbone’s shape and density. This ensures the integrity of the facial structure and facial appearance.
- Implants do not compromise the health of surrounding teeth, unlike traditional options such as bridges.
Implants may not be for everyone. If you have brittle or damaged jaw bones or if you have some general health issues, you may find that they are not the best solution for you. You should discuss this with your dentist.
Call us for an initial consultation or contact us to find out if you are a suitable candidate for dental implants.